Monday, April 5, 2010

Finally sinking in...

It's been nine days since I received the tragic phone call, but I don't think the information fully sank in until tonight that my dad is really gone. Never again will I hear his deep, booming voice. Never again will I hear the click of his boots on the floor.

I laid down to go to bed about midnight tonight, but I couldn't fall asleep. I tossed and turned and cried for over an hour. It's now 2:30am and I find myself sitting at the computer. For the past nine days I've walked around like a zombie. My husband, Jay, has been asking me over and over what I'm thinking about. I've never really been all that great at expressing my feelings out loud. But I know it's unhealthy to keep them all bottled up inside of me. I've found in the past that writing my feelings down has sometimes helped. But after writing everything down, are the feelings still all bottled up if I don't let someone else read them?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, girl! I sure wish I could be there for ya!! I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. I'm glad that you are at least writing things down. Yes, I think that does count!! If you need to talk, please give me a call. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete